2 May - Otaki


I attach pictures for those who prefer comics to proper books, and also, to show how attractive Anna's and Kieran's daugher is. I think she looks a lot like me actually. It's not the best photo I have of her, but this is the only one her publicity manager would let me use. Jack looks great too. He's invited me back for his 100th birthday party and I told him I would be there.

Otaki: what a view and what a breakfast. I stumbled downstairs to find our hosts happily pottering about the kitchen muttering something about needing something decent to eat before they played golf, so they had set up a serious enough breakfast to keep us all going all day. We only needed to keep going until midday but it didn't matter. John and I walked some of it off after morning tea.

The purpose of our trip to Otaki was to help celebrate my favourite Otaki Uncle's 90th birthday. Anna had travelled East with Kieran and Bella for the occasion, so it was a worthy do. We ate at Stephan's, and as it turns out, Stephan was a good cook and generous with the wine, so it was a decent do as well. A few peole made good speeches, including Uncle Jack, who has a particular skill in this area, but cheated and said because he was old he forgot stuff. Everyone forgets stuff in speeches - I don't see why he should be able to blame it on being old. We missed Euan of course, and it was tough saying so and talking about it. Euan likes a bit of a do and had been part of the planning. It was hard not having him there with us.

1 comment:

Poppa John said...

What sort of a blog is this then???? Today is 12 May and it is 10 days since anything was posted. And don't give me that "been busy traveling" crap, that is what blogging is all about, telling us about your travels. Get on with it Dr Red Shoes, stop carousing, drinking, sleeping etc and start blogging