16 May London

Katy and Sam visited in the morning. Katy (by her own admission) is definitely obsessed with Bella, and whipped her off upstairs to change her clothes. The problem was that Bella was attired completely in the clothes she wore last Saturday, and Katy, having an eye for detail and a memory for Important Matters, immediately recognised the potential fashion gaffe and rescued Bella in the nick of time. That is, before the press were admitted to the gallery. We languished and chatted and I learned how to chill out, which I am still not very good at. Sam was preoccupied with his B&Q purchasing responsibilities, and Kieran was preparing to watch some kind of game involving a ball.

Bella took Anna and me for a walk around Barnes Bridge, and eventually it was time to leave, so they drove me to Heathrow. Unfortunately, Bella had a little tummy upset and threw her lunch back all over the car seat and her clothes, which Katy had so thoughtfully chosen for her. I kept well away, not wanting to be contaminated with the smell for the next 12 hours or so. I was being passed from Saunders to Saunders – leaving Anna and Katy in London and going to John in Hong Kong.

I photographed them all, but the one of Anna was too dark, sdo I had to nick one from Bella's blog. I hope you like the shot of Katy and Sam pretending they live in Barnes Bridge.

The flight to Hong Kong was excellent, because I had a personal entertainment system. Anna and I had checked the day before, but I thought she was looking up ‘insect screen’ (instead of ‘in seat screen’), and couldn’t understand why I would need a mosquito net on a plane. I was becoming seriously worried about Lufthansa and even wished I had booked with Ryan Air. At least I would be able to save 49 cents on the tea with Ryan Air.

The plane was full but I was comfortable in my window seat. We stopped at Munich and once again I had the opportunity to see the brown cloud that hung over Europe and South East Asia. I was looking forward to going home, where the skies are blue and the air is fresh.

No comments: