Day seven: 6 May: Horsley Park

If you don’t mind sleeping next to a castle but not in it, Horsley Park was good. The tv worked, my colleagues from CHME were there to enjoy meals and drinks with, and I had a duty to perform. I include a photo kindly sent to me by a delegate who was with me during the castle's chapel inspection, a photo of the castle that I didn't sleep in, and a picture of the sort of room I did sleep in. Note the absence of castle windows, knights, and BlackAdder. The castle would have been more fun. In due course I entertained/bored (choose one) a selection of hospitality academics for 20 minutes with my paper, and some time later the conference came to a close. I am not going to tell you what happened in between because misunderstandings might arise about what we are supposed to do at conferences, and I wouldn’t want that. If you are really desperate, leave a comment, and I’ll direct you to some of my papers. They’re on sex and theft and deviance and stuff so you probably wouldn’t be interested anyway.

No comments: